Together with award-winning DJ, Black Coffee, AXEwill empower South Africans to share their special magic, that special unique something that makes them who they are.
The #AXEPartyOfTheYear campaign is a collaboration with South Africa’s globally renowned DJ, Black Coffee who inspires youth across South Africa to find their magic. To celebrate that unique energy and magic of South Africa, Black Coffee will bring the sounds of South Africa that inspire him to life in an exclusive mix, which will be showcased live at the #AXEPartyOfTheYear.
“South Africa is one of the most inspiring places in the world and I’m excited to channel the magic of home into an exclusive MasterMix at the #AXEPartyOfTheYear,” said Black Coffee. “I’m lucky to have found my magic – music – and I hope to inspire young talent to find theirs and share it with the world, in celebration of our amazing and diverse country.”
AXE knows it’s not the #AXEPartyOfTheYear without YOU and is calling out to the nation to share the sounds, raps, threads, moves that inspire them. AXE invites you to show your magic and it could be brought to life through an exclusive experience at the #AXEPartyOfTheYear. Fans will be able to share their submissions via WhatsApp through voice memos, videos and pictures.
Headlined by Black Coffee, #AXEPartyOfTheYear will also feature performances from other mega superstars including Nasty C and Benny Maverick. For the first time ever, AXE has partnered with Makers beyond music who will push guys to think beyond typical stereotypes and embrace their own individuality.
- Fashion designer Rich Mnisi will mentor an up-and-coming designer as they collaborate on styling Nasty C for the big event
- Renowned choreographer Bontle Modiselle will call out to young dancers and choose the best talent to join live on stage in a performance at the #AXEPartyOfTheYear
- TV presenter and musician Zulu Makhathini (formerly known as DASH) will host the #AXEPartyOfTheYear and call out all the magic shared by YOU
Each Axe Maker will share their magic on their social channels and recruit fans to join them on the creative process, with their magic culminating live at #AXEPartyOfTheYear. Axe Makers will keep fans updated using the hashtag #FindYourMagic and #AXEPartyOfTheYear.
“Through #AXEPartyOfTheYear, AXE wants to encourage and support young South Africans to find their own unique magic and be inspired to share it with the world as they define who they are on their own terms,” said Unilever Marketing Deodorants Director, Keegan Alicks. “We hope the#AXEPartyOfTheYear will encourage everyone to own what makes them unique – whether that’s fashion design, dance or music – and share it with the world to truly bring the magic of South Africa to life.”
Young South Africans can win tickets by:
- Follow our AXE Makers and the #AXEPartyOfTheYear and #FindYourMagic hashtag on social media
- Purchase any AXE product and dial *120*642* followed by the last 4 digits of the Axe product barcode # to enter. Entry will be charged at standard USSD rate
- Enter the last four digits of the AXE product barcode at AXEPartyOfTheYear.com
- Purchase any AXE product from Shoprite and dial the USSD string on the till-slip
- Find a unique code published on AXE social channels and display banners and enter it at AXEPartyOfTheYear.com
- Upload your videos to 0762202156 via WhatsApp and some lucky fans will stand a chance to showcase their magic live at the#AXEPartyOfTheYear
You can follow all the action at @AXE_SA on Twitter as well as via the #FindYourMagic and #AXEPartyOfTheYear hashtag on all social media channels to get updates on the Party of the Year and additional opportunities to win tickets!