My Favourite Things: Mariam Owusu-Poku
Mariam Owusu-Poku, also known as Mimi, captivated Ghanaians when she participated in the prestigious Miss Malaika competition in 2018. Following her win in the beauty pageant, she ventured into acting, debuting in the teen movie “Sugar, Spice, N Sauce.”
Having displayed exceptional acting skills, she appeared in the Farmhouse Productions series “Stryke” and earned a significant role in the SHOWMAX series “ENO.” Aside from acting, she works as a model, is a YouTuber, and owns a dog grooming business.
Let us get to know the Ghanaian actress as she takes us through ten of her favourite things.
- I love a good vanilla note that is not overbearing but has a sweet and calming character. I am currently obsessing over my Zara Rose Gourmand. It has become my go-to now. It is just really soft and feminine and smells divine.
- Between a pair of beautiful studs and bracelets, I cannot choose. Till I throw on these two jewellery sets, my look does not complete. It is simple but classy.
- I love sneakers because they are convenient, comfortable, and stylish. You can dress in sneakers up or down depending on the occasion and still nail it. My favourite pair of sneakers now is the Jordan 4 Retro Canyon Purple. She is a beauty.
- Have you seen silk? The fabric is so lush and feels nice on the skin. Items made of silk scream elegance – no matter how simple they are.
- I am a cute side-bag kind of girl. I do not care to carry so many items on me all at once, and it works for me. Once my phone, lip gloss, and a pack of small tissues fit, I am good.
- Lip gloss is a necessity for me. I dislike crusty lips. My lips should always be moisturised and plum. The Fenty Gloss Bomb is my favourite lip gloss.
- There are a lot of beautiful destinations I would love to see and explore. I want to go to Phuket in Thailand; it’s such a beautiful place—blue water, white sands, palm trees, rich culture, and food. It’s indeed the perfect place to unwind.
- I love braids simply because you can never go wrong with them. Aside from being versatile with many styles, I have natural hair, and the braids help protect my hair.
- Any time of the day is beautiful, depending on your plans. I love the late afternoon, just before the sun goes down. It is called the golden hour in photography – because one can get some great outdoor shots during photoshoots. Trust me – it is a game-changer.
- I am fortunate to have so much love in my life, and it’s not just from one person – so I can’t mention one person. I am going to have to say, my family and friends. I love them so much, and I’m thankful I can always count on them.