My Favourite Things: Thobeka Mbane
Let’s get to know our newly appointed Fashion Editor, South African based fashion stylist and creative director, Thobeka Mbane, a bit better as she takes us through 10 of her favourite things.
- Honestly, I’m such a jogger and crop tops girl with slides. I love a good pair of sneakers that I can put on with a dress and basically anything that’s comfortable and allows me to run around and go anywhere.
- I love Telfar and Ted Baker for handbags but I’m currently working my way up to owning an oversized Thebe Magugu shopper bag.
- Any bag that allows me to throw in everything and some accessories in there. I wear a lot of fanny packs when working because they help me carry and pack everything at once.
- I love make-up and playing with colourful eye shadow. My go to brand for make-up is Bobby Brown, Essence for eyeliners, and I love Fenty for lip glosses.
- I love reading old books and my old favourite books are “things fall apart” Chinua Achebe and “when rain clothes gather” by Bessie Head and a few poetry books by Upile Chisala.
- For fun I love going out to check out galleries from local artists like Banele Khoza Gallery, Artist Proof Studios, Nkhansani Rihlampfu and August House Studios.
- I love listening to music that has a lot of instruments like jazz and maskhandi because of the guitar and reggae because of the bass guitar and drums.
- I’m currently addicted to Cinnabon, I have one every morning 😂
- I’m a huge foodie. I’m not sure what my life would be without Uber eats but I love eating out. I’m a huge lover of steak and I also love cute Italian restaurants. I love The Blockman for steak and Modena for Pasta, but nothing can ever be better than KFC.
- I love children, I have one daughter and would love to have more kids and a big family inshallah.