Printing has become an integral part of fashion design.
Your consumers want something different now, they want something unique.
CHANGING HOW WE LOOK AT FABRIC DESIGN WITHIN FASHION DESIGN:
- Consider fabrics that have the least impact on the environment
- Natural linen, cotton, and sustainably sourced fabrics
- Fur and leather-free
- Your Design must include print on at least 50% of the garments
- Zero-waste cutting such as draping, knitting, or using a zero-waste pattern
- Provide consumer care instructions to lengthen the garment’s longevity
- Create a timeless and trans-seasonal Collection
Base your designs on 2021 world trends by combining contemporary shapes, styles, and construction with your inspiration and design talent.
Research Slow Fashion to make sure you understand it in a way that you can live it and play a role in shaping the future of Sustainable Fashion.
SEE FULL BRIEF HERE
|The SA Fashion Week New Talent Search is open to ladieswear designers whose businesses are based in South Africa. All designer applicants must supply a minimum of one store (this can include your store or online store) and must be under ten years in business to qualify to enter.
Semi-finalists are selected by the panel of industry-leading judges, choosing designers based on their talent, their ability to follow the brief, and their capacity to supply more stores.
|WHAT’S AT STAKE
- R20 000-00 towards developing your SS21 Collection
- The winner will be part of the 2020 New Talent Search show one year later, valued at R12 500-00
- The winner will receive one free stand at the SAFW Designer Pop-Up, valued at
R 6 000-00
- The total value of prize: ± R45 500-00
- All finalists will receive a free stand at the SS21 Trade Show where they can do market research and sell to boutiques, departmental stores, and online stores
|ELIGIBILITY – WHO MAY ENTER
- Designers who are working towards establishing their brands in the South African Creative Fashion Industry
- Designers who have not been in business for more than ten years
- Designers with a fashion design diploma or degree or five years of design experience
- Previous SAFW New Talent Search Finalists can enter for a second or third time
- This is a ladieswear competition – no menswear designs will be accepted
- The competition is open to SA Citizens only
- Previous winners cannot enter again
CLICK HERE TO ENTER